Today I had the recording session for the saxophone player. I provided him with backing tracks and clicks so that he could improvise over them. He was amazingly good and we ended up recording around 30 takes of ‘sleazy’ music for the ‘nude’ scene. The sound engineer was great as well as he knew exactly what he was doing with the equipment and software. I then went home and organised the saxophone tracks to see which one would fit best. I ended up slicing and merging a few different takes. I also fixed up all the over composed areas and removed a few textures as they were too busy. I also experimented more with Jane’s colour and decided that the guitar would still have to suit her at the end of the film, as every other instruments feels too awkward to introduce. I just equalised it a bit so it sounds more darker and ‘composed’. I’m almost there!